ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
Different Ways to Communicate Effectively… Verbal, Written, Oral, Face-to-Face, Nonverbal, Physical, Paralanguage and Visual
- If you personally are prone to anxiety or depression, then you actively need to build up a network of supportive people around you.
- Problem shared is a problem solved
- While there often is no apparent reason for someone to take their own life; there can be prior subtle signs.
- We need to listen carefully if we are close to them.
- We don’t talk about it, but there is no harm if you do
- People taking their life when they feel there is no way out
- Celebrate all the successes no matter how big or small they are
- I’ve found its so important to have “something” I do for me… once a week I try to have a coffee date with a friend & that’s my me time, download. It’s great if they are in business & you can download together then just chat..
- Being sad, angry, hurt is ok. There is nothing wrong with those emotions.
- You never say the words I know exactly how you’re feeling, because it’s impossible to know how someone is feeling a nicer way to say this would be to say I can only imagine what you were going through at the moment.
- Alcohol drinking too much drinking when you are low.
- Avoid alcohol around stress. Have to look carefully at problem and booze interferes.
- Entrepreneur can be perfectionist
- Having that attitude of I can do this is so important
- Comparing ourselves to others is not productive
- We can create our own stress when often we find later it’s misplaced.
- Having no one to talk to
- Getting useless information from well meaning people.
- False modesty and unwillingness to admit failure.
- Do some Physical Exercise
- Realise it is ok if things are not smooth sailing in business. That is normal.
- Trust yourself as you do not know what is going on in someone else’s business
- Join/Find group of link-minded people and talk.
- Find some practical things that you could do to support someone
- Immerse yourselves in successful network groups like elite six where issues can be shared in supportive ways.
- A walk in the forest & catch up with an old school friend has been great.
- Build systems in your business to relieve pressures
- Ask people how they are on a scale of 1 to 10
- Don’t believe the hype
- Identify the supportive people around you and reach out to them when things are not going well for you.
- Find a network like ELITE : SIX or someone you can share success, failure and uncertainty with.
- Celebrate every success big or small
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Transcribed by Otter
P.S. If you like this podcast please click “like” or provide comment, as that will motivate me to publish more. Would you like the opportunity to be featured on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast? You are welcome to INVITE YOURSELF to be a guest.