ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
Different Ways to Communicate Effectively… Verbal, Written, Oral, Face-to-Face, Nonverbal, Physical, Paralanguage and Visual
- Everyone has at least two languages – their native language and their body language.
- Gauge your audience. Communicate to suite
- Even those hard conversations should be tackled sensitively and with calmness
- Don’t shy away from courageous conversations; giving strong feedback or bad news
- Wasting Time
- Misunderstandings if not clear
- Miscommunication never ends well. Be clear & concise
- Key concept about communication is to focus on your clients needs rather than our own needs.
- Being pressured when you don’t have time to consider your response or get the facts
- Always be “in the now” when communicating with your clients – focus while you are communicating – multitasking interferes with communication.
- Listening and play back what they said
- Recognise that different mediums require different communication styles often
- Get confidence by doing and getting feedback
- CAUTION: This message has been composed by a dyslexic person using voice recognition, over bluetooth, with predictive texting enabled. So, who knows if it is 100% accurate. If in doubt phone me on 021 961 652
- Set clear expectations: budget, time line, deliverables etc
- Documenting key discussion points
- Prepare for important communications; do your homework. Use facts and examples
- Admit when you are wrong or have made a mistake
- Be transparent
- Present Solutions / alternatives when things go wrong
- New book I have found – Average sucks
- Flip It by Michael Heppell
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- MENTAL WELLBEING IN BUSINESS
Transcribed by Otter
P.S. If you like this podcast please click “like” or provide comment, as that will motivate me to publish more. Would you like the opportunity to be featured on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast? You are welcome to INVITE YOURSELF to be a guest.