ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
Different Ways to Communicate Effectively… Verbal, Written, Oral, Face-to-Face, Nonverbal, Physical, Paralanguage and Visual
- Everyone has at least two languages – their native language and their body language.
- Gauge your audience. Communicate to suite
- Even those hard conversations should be tackled sensitively and with calmness
- Don’t shy away from courageous conversations; giving strong feedback or bad news
- Wasting Time
- Misunderstandings if not clear
- Miscommunication never ends well. Be clear & concise
- Key concept about communication is to focus on your clients needs rather than our own needs.
- Being pressured when you don’t have time to consider your response or get the facts
- Always be “in the now” when communicating with your clients – focus while you are communicating – multitasking interferes with communication.
- Listening and play back what they said
- Recognise that different mediums require different communication styles often
- Get confidence by doing and getting feedback
- CAUTION: This message has been composed by a dyslexic person using voice recognition, over bluetooth, with predictive texting enabled. So, who knows if it is 100% accurate. If in doubt phone me on 021 961 652
- Set clear expectations: budget, time line, deliverables etc
- Documenting key discussion points
- Prepare for important communications; do your homework. Use facts and examples
- Admit when you are wrong or have made a mistake
- Be transparent
- Present Solutions / alternatives when things go wrong
- New book I have found – Average sucks
- Flip It by Michael Heppell
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- MENTAL WELLBEING IN BUSINESS