ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
- Staying on topic
- Establish the common ground
- Negotiate to come to a compromise
- Negotiation can be about power and a potential shift in that power
- To be effective each participant should be further ahead than they were before. even if each one has not achieved the result they wanted to achieve.
- To make it work, what are you prepared to drop off
- Would you recommend dealing with the other party once the negotiation is over?
- Make sure their rents cover the cost of garden care, then hire professional rather relaying on the tenants.
- Make no assumptions – we know none of them to be true
- Keep emotions in check
- Listen with Empathy
- Empathise with the others point of view even though your view may be different.
- Shift the relationship from an informal footing to a professional one
- Know the outcome. Be clear on what each side wants to achieve.
- Come back next week
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- Discounting / Pricing