ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
- Staying on topic
- Establish the common ground
- Negotiate to come to a compromise
- Negotiation can be about power and a potential shift in that power
- To be effective each participant should be further ahead than they were before. even if each one has not achieved the result they wanted to achieve.
- To make it work, what are you prepared to drop off
- Would you recommend dealing with the other party once the negotiation is over?
- Make sure their rents cover the cost of garden care, then hire professional rather relaying on the tenants.
- Make no assumptions – we know none of them to be true
- Keep emotions in check
- Listen with Empathy
- Empathise with the others point of view even though your view may be different.
- Shift the relationship from an informal footing to a professional one
- Know the outcome. Be clear on what each side wants to achieve.
- Come back next week
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- Discounting / Pricing
Transcribed by Otter
P.S. If you like this podcast please click “like” or provide comment, as that will motivate me to publish more. Would you like the opportunity to be featured on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast? You are welcome to INVITE YOURSELF to be a guest.