ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
- Refunding clients that overpay
- Act honourably
- Successful businesses who are acting ethically will always enhance their reputation
- Reputation can be damaged
- Your ethics should relate to the culture of your business
- When clients advise that they no longer wish to be a client , any subsequent subscription payments should be refunded. If alternatively the member continues to pay and does not advise that they no longer want to be a member any refund should only cover from date of that advice.
- Ethics in business is related to your own ethics. Conduct yourself as you feel is correct.
- The values we apply to functioning within our business.
- Admin takes time
- May not get repeat clients if you aren’t ethical
- Are ethics related to the emotional center and conduct of your business or related to the systems your customers experience?
- Terms and conditions need to be clear
- Some companies don’t have T&C’s, can backfire
- Ethics are in the eye of the beholder – what’s ethical to somebody may well be not be to another.
- Have an admin fee if people overpay
- Make phone call to clients not emails as emails get overlooked
- Have a contract for a certain timeframe
- Have clear Terms and Conditions, including around termination and refunds.
- Pause before you react to situations to ensure your reaction matches your ethics.
- Ethical decisions can be difficult to resolve – a good guide is to treat others as we’d like to be treated.
- Give the money back
- Hearing people views
- After all, time will help heal your heart
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- MANAGING CLIENTS