ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
- Refunding clients that overpay
- Act honourably
- Successful businesses who are acting ethically will always enhance their reputation
- Reputation can be damaged
- Your ethics should relate to the culture of your business
- When clients advise that they no longer wish to be a client , any subsequent subscription payments should be refunded. If alternatively the member continues to pay and does not advise that they no longer want to be a member any refund should only cover from date of that advice.
- Ethics in business is related to your own ethics. Conduct yourself as you feel is correct.
- The values we apply to functioning within our business.
- Admin takes time
- May not get repeat clients if you aren’t ethical
- Are ethics related to the emotional center and conduct of your business or related to the systems your customers experience?
- Terms and conditions need to be clear
- Some companies don’t have T&C’s, can backfire
- Ethics are in the eye of the beholder – what’s ethical to somebody may well be not be to another.
- Have an admin fee if people overpay
- Make phone call to clients not emails as emails get overlooked
- Have a contract for a certain timeframe
- Have clear Terms and Conditions, including around termination and refunds.
- Pause before you react to situations to ensure your reaction matches your ethics.
- Ethical decisions can be difficult to resolve – a good guide is to treat others as we’d like to be treated.
- Give the money back
- Hearing people views
- After all, time will help heal your heart
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- MANAGING CLIENTS
Transcribed by Otter
P.S. If you like this podcast please click “like” or provide comment, as that will motivate me to publish more. Would you like the opportunity to be featured on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast? You are welcome to INVITE YOURSELF to be a guest.