ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over ZOOM with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
- Perception is reality
- Highest profiles has the loudest voice
- Action makes your relevant
- Buy a qualification on-line!
- Training, Certification
- Customer experience (referrals) = credible authority
- Authority = knowledge + experience
- Runs on the board, not necessarily qualifications
- Get the skills and write the book about your field of expertise – it helps establish you as an expert.
- Practical experience vs qualifications
- Self appointed authority
- Have accumulated a bank of real world experience to draw upon for others
- An authority or expert can always learn more
- People lie
- Some experts can’t translate their ideas/concepts into language that people can understand
- “Comparison is the thief of joy” Theodore Roosevelt
- Always going to get haters – tall poppy
- The time and money it can take to get the knowledge/experience needed to be able to position us as experts.
- Flash labelling does not mean quality
- Get your clients to talk to your prospects
- Case studies
- Learning from someone who is an authority in their field
- University will not be around in the future Educating kids at school to be entrepreneurs and leaders
- Lifelong Learning
- Take part in discussion forums and networking so people can become aware of your skills and knowledge without making commitments.
- Show authority by references and reviews and word of mouth
- Be prepared to put in the hard yards to become an expert
- You can be an expert in your field but there is always more to learn
- We need to provide credentials that back up our expertise
- Membership of professional bodies
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC
- BUSINESS ETHICS
Transcribed by Otter
P.S. If you like this podcast please click “like” or provide comment, as that will motivate me to publish more. Would you like the opportunity to be featured on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast? You are welcome to INVITE YOURSELF to be a guest.